Sunday, December 21, 2008

'Tis the Season Collage



Just when all the cards were mailed, the ornaments made and teachers' gifts delivered, I would have thought I'd be a little tired of Christmas crafts. Then it hits me on Friday night after visiting Elsie Blaha's blog (addy to the right) that I should make a similar holiday collage. I wanted mine to be unique so instead of the usual square pieces of holiday themed scrapbook paper on a solid background, I used these triangles on glass. This frame was sitting in a closet for the past four years collecting dust waiting for my creativity to strike and give it a second life. I added a bow to the upper left hand corner which I don't think I've seen anyone do and I glued a couple jingle bells directly on the front of the glass. Another thing I was jazzed about is that I only had to use one sheet of scrapbook paper instead of half a dozen since Basic Grey designed this lovely paper called 'Tree Lot' from their Wassail collection that already has these triangles shapes in an assortment of designs. So there you have it, another fun way to deck your halls or make a fun gift.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh what abeautiful frame -- I love it -- thanks for stopping by my place:)

denine zielinski said...

That is a gorgeous frame....and a great idea! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...