Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Class Valentine's Cards


Are the kids ready for Valentine's Day at school? Did they pick out their packs of Valentine cards yet? If not, here's a super simple Valentine design you can whip up at home in a hurry. With some colored construction paper or scrapbook paper, cut into 2 1/2" by 6" rectangles. An 8 1/2" by 11" sheet makes four cards. Use a two inch scalloped punch to make the white part of the card. A circle punch, heart punch or scalloped scissors will also work. The foam hearts I used are a Target Dollar Spot item and I didn't even use half of them! They are self adhesive so they're easy for kids to use. You could use other types of stickers too. Then with a rubber stamp, add a Valentine sentiment. The sentiment can be hand written as well. I added my sentiment by running my card stock through the printer before I cut it. Use whatever you have on hand. Finally I added a button to each heart to give it a little more pizazz. Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

Kim Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Audrey Pettit said...

How cute these are, Kathy!
I'm kinda sad this year, as it's Nicole's last time to do Valentines. how quickly they grow up!

Cathy Pascual said...

So cute!
Sofia made her own this year. She punched out hearts from construction paper and hand-wrote a message. Since she's crafty herself, I didn't get to make hers this year ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...