Monday, November 30, 2009

It's Begining to Look Like Christmas

What a whirlwind of a Thanksgiving weekend! Lots of fun, food, visiting and decorating! Our turkey day was fabulous! I always enjoy cooking a nice meal for the family. I was pleased to have everything turn out wonderfully! Last year the green beans in my casserole were a little too crisp, but this year I cooked them a little first and that made all the difference.

On Friday I went with my pal Audrey and her two kiddos to a local tree farm and helped them pick out a tree. That was super fun since we've had an artificial tree for so many years now. Oh, the smell of pine! We spent a number of hours decking Audrey's halls and making a big mess in the process!

On Saturday I had a couple holiday helpers at my house, Audrey and Nik! After decorating for a few hours, Audrey and I took off and drove to Durham to meet with Laura Davis of 2 Sketches 4 You. I now design for Laura and Audrey has known Laura from the scrapbook community for a number of years. Luara was in town with her delightful daughter who was playing in a golf turnament. Here we are from left to right; Audrey, Laura and myself.



Speaking of 2 Sketches 4 You...it's another week and another fabulous sketch to play along with. That also means a great prize! This week our sponsor is DoodleFactory who makes adorable rubber stamps. A set of Sakura pens are also part of the prize package. Here is Laura's sketch and my card.





I know it's a busy time of year, but I  hope you can take some time out for yourself and play along with us! Hop on over to http://www.2sketches4you.blogspot.com/ to get all the details and check out all the other design team cards along with the entries for the week. Have fun and good luck!


4 comments:

Linda Brun said...

Cute card !

cnelson said...

Such a cute card!! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving and how fun that you got to meet Laura!! Love that pic of you lovely ladies!

Laura Davis said...

I had so much fun meeting you Kathy! Hopefully I will see you next year :) You should post pics of your freshly decorated house. I would love to see it!
Hugs,
Laura

Allison Rankin said...

Lovely...great papers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...