Thursday, September 16, 2010

Food Glorious Food!

Hello! It's a lovely morning here! The temperatures are cool and so the windows are open. I feel a slight breeze lofting in and the birds are singing. I've been sleeping with the window open a crack too and there's nothing like the fresh air and crickets chirping. I enjoy taking deep breaths and soaking it all in!

Today I have a yummy side dish to share with you! Recently I came across this recipe for 'Sweet Summer Roasted Vegtables' on Kevin and Amanda's blog.


It has corn, red onion, zucchini and red bell pepper in it with olive oil and seasonings. Then it's baked for just 15-20 minutes. Here you have a side dish that's a lot less boring that the typical single vegetable! And boy does the house smell yummy!


Being a girl from Nebraska, growing up on potatoes, I couldn't resist altering the dish a little and adding some red potatoes! The original recipe calls for you to cut the vegetables smaller, but with potatoes, you need to cut the pieces bigger so they don't get overcooked while the potatoes are still cooking. The roasting time takes a longer too. It's not a dish you can easily mess up, however, so throw in what you like, experiment with your favorite herbs and enjoy!

Recently, I have been sharing a few antiques I've been collecting and today I have another! I'm telling you...I can't get enough! ;)


Isn't this fine turkey a handsome Tom? I think he'll look quite gorgeous sitting around the house this November with the rest of my Thanksgiving decor. He's a soup tureen, however, he's kind of small for soup. My husband thinks he was actually made for gravy? He might be right. Regardless, I fell in love and now he's strutting his stuff in our home! ;)

Do you decorate for Thanksgiving? What are your favorite things to decorate with? When the time comes, I'll share pictures of our Halloween and Thanksgiving home with you.

Thanks for stopping by today. My next post will be something crafty! ;)

11 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

MAJOR DROOLING over here! wow, looks so goood!

cnelson said...

YUMMY recipe! LOVE the addition of the potatoes! Fabulous Mr. Tom Turkey! LOVE it!

Barbara said...

Yum ! Thank you for sharing the recipe Kathy! I like your Mr. Turkey as well! :-)

Suzanne said...

This looks so yummy!! Thanks for sharing, and I love your sweet antique!!!!
Have a wonderful day!

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

I love that turkey Kathy! It looks like something my mom used to have at her house. We totally decorate for Thankskgiving... and make Thanksgiving cards! I personally love the whole thankful for you message that can go with them.

Heather Rogers said...

Oh those veggies look delicious. :) I am coming over to your house to eat. LOL

Alice said...

mmm..... this looks so yummy! love a good veggie dish! thanks for the link!! =)

Kathy said...

Kathy this looks so delicious. So happy to see Virginia on your team..she is so creative. Hugs,Kathy

Ujjwal said...

Food looks yum Kathy and very healthy too!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!
And that turkey is truly gorgeous!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, those roasted vegetables look yummy! Love roasted veges, and I hardly ever make them. Guess I always just think of the single boring vegetable side dish, usually.
Love your fine Mr. Tom. I think Dan is probably correct about the gravy. ;) He's going to be a lovely addition to your Thanksgiving decor. Perhaps my young Mr. Tom can come and visit with your Mr. Tom. ;)

Cindy Lee said...

Ohhhh...YUMMY!! It has all my favourite veggies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...