Saturday, February 26, 2011

More Spring Crafting

Hey! Happy weekend!

Look what I made yesterday...


I used the last bit of jute from this spool and thought I'd make something with it. I wrapped some 1927 sheet music around it, then added a bit crinkled seam binding, a vintage mother of pearl button and a jute bow. Then I topped the spool off with a sweet little nest from the craft store and some millinery flowers purchased on Etsy. I rather like it! What do you think?


I think it looks darling under a little cloche on the coffee table with a few of my favorite things. What a fun project and it's perfect for spring!

Hope you have a lovely weekend! :) Kathy

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Its adorable. I never really make stuff like that and now I want too.

Audrey Pettit said...

Really, really adorable, Kathy! Love how this turned out. Once you described it to me, I KNEW it was going to be a winner!

Unknown said...

How sweet, Kathy! Love the nest propped on the spool.. such a perfect spring decor project!

Barbara Jean said...

adorable!!!

blessings
barbara jean

Clare said...

So pretty! I love the nest, and the softness of this project! Gorgeous!

Angie Tieman said...

OH my cuteness! I am coveting this badly! It looks so pretty under that cloche!

Tiff said...

I have these mini antique enamel birds eggs that would look fabulous in your mini nest!!! Tempted to mail them to you to complete it! SO CUTE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...