Monday, May 9, 2011

A Scrapbook Page, Book Recommendation & Mother's Day Flowers

Hi! I hope you had a lovely and full Mother's Day weekend!

I have a hybrid scrapbook page to share with you today!


I'm loving the digital kit I used for this page! It's a new kit at Two Peas in a Bucket called 'Touch of Spring' by Jen Martakis. I thought the kit was perfect for one of my favorite things about spring...the blooming dogwoods here in North Carolina.


The elements in Jen's kit are too darn cute! I had fun adding a little stitching to each one! I used the Silhouette

to cut my title and the film strip frame. The circles and scalloped circles were created with a couple
Spellbinders

dies.


My husband took the dogwood photo and I used it three times instead just one picture. This bloom is from the dogwood tree in our front yard.


The details include border punches, My Favorite Things heart dies, an old Quickutz file folder die cut with some Doodlebug rub-on numbers and buttons.


I'm addicted to this new crepe paper trim I found on Etsy. Just a little swatch of it here on the bottom of my page.


To change the subject completely, I have a book recommendation for you, 'The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.


"Doctors took her cells without asking. Those cells never died. They launched a medical revolution and multi-million dollar revolution. More than 20 years later her children found out. Their lives would never be the same."

My husband recently read an article about this book in Rolling Stone Magazine and thought I'd enjoy it. It's so fascinating!


To switch gears again! :) I want to share the flowers I got from my husband and son for Mother's Day. I've got a terrific couple of boys!


Aren't these tulips beautiful?


Now these Lego tulips could only be from my 10 year old! You can take each flower out of the vase! Is this the most precious Mother's Day gift?!?! My cup is overflowing! I'm one lucky mama!

Hope your Mother's Day was awesome! Thanks for stopping by today! :) Kathy

8 comments:

Kara said...

awesome projects.....i'm reading this book right now!!

Lin said...

Beautiful flowers, Kathy! And I love your dogwood layout; I agree, they are a beautiful sign of spring. Ours are just now opening, along with the lilacs and our little pink crab apple - such a wonderful time of year!

cnelson said...

What a perfect Spring lo! Thanks for the book recommendation...it sounds fascinating! Gorgeous flowers from both your boys!!

Jodi Collins said...

That page is MAGNICIFENT Kathy! LOVE the lego flowers too!!!

Unknown said...

Love your scrapbook page, Kathy! Your dogwood bloom is gorgeous.. no wonder you used the photo 3 times!

Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day! The tulips are gorgeous and the lego flowers are too cool!

Lisa Dickinson said...

oh my, those lego flowers are priceless! love them! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fun post, Kathy! Scrappy goodness and fun stuff, too. Your page with the Dogwoods is wonderful. Love the contrast of the circles with the film strip. Your Mother's Day flowers are beautiful. So creative, Christopher is. Glad you had a wonderful day. :)

Marisa said...

Dogwood is BC's flower so what is not to like about this card LOL! Lovely additional detailing too. The tulips are gorgeous (my favortie flower) and I smiled big and wide at the tulips from your son. Wonderful treasure to tuck away in your mommy heart.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...