Friday, August 26, 2011

Fourth Grade & Dance

Hi!

It's Friday! So what are your plans for the weekend? I was thinking about taking a run to the flea market tomorrow morning, but with a hurricane heading our way, I doubt anyone will be setting up shop!

Well, today I've got a couple paper craft projects to share with you. This first is a scrapbook page of my little guy from last year. He was sitting down to his first day of school homework when I snapped a couple photos. He either ducks and hides from the camera or he makes funny faces!


This  is one of my hybrid projects using a brand new Two Peas in a Bucket digital kit called 'School Day' by Polka Dot Pixels. Look at the goodies packed in this kit! I LOVE the patterned papers!


And I think these stencil alphas that I used for my title are awesome! After I printed them, I cut the letter part out with an Xacto knife and then stitched around the edges.


There are so many fun accents...the report card, A+ circle and twill ribbon!


I added a plastic pencil and sheet of binder paper, a couple die cuts and stitching. That's it! Super fun page to create!


My second project is a hybrid card.


This card was made with digital stickers called 'Bunny Ballerina' by Holly Brooke Jones.


 Holly's the queen of cute! Love this rabbit, she's tutu cute! ;)


 The phrase 'dance' is included in the kit and I used it as a pattern for stitching. The papers were from my stash, one is from Basic Grey's Kioshi line and the striped paper is from Cosmo Cricket's Odds and Ends collection.


So, keeping dry will be a challenge this weekend with hurricane Irene coming! I need to run to the grocery store so hopefully there will be a dry window of opportunity at some point in the day! Wow, we had a rare earthquake Tuesday, and a hurricane coming tomorrow...all in one week! Mother Nature certainly is busy!

6 comments:

itsallrosi said...

fantastic projects with these kits!

cnelson said...

Stay safe Kathy! LOOOOOVE both those ADORABLE projects!!! You ALWAYS do FAB work!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

gorgeous work, Kathy! Love the title work and layers on the layout and love the adorable and sweet card with the stitching detail :)

Bente Fagerberg said...

Lovely projects. I just LOVE that layout!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Alice said...

your details are always so fun to see and that photo is too cute! fab projects, Kathy!

Audrey Pettit said...

What adorable projects, Kathy! Love them both to pieces! Such great detail on both, and of course amazing stitching. I so love the stencil title letters on that page and all the fun school papers. Tutu cute bunny, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...