Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hill Ridge Farms

Hi!

With Halloween just days away I have a timely scrapbook page share with pictures from our recent visit to the pumpkin patch, Hill Ridge Farms.


This is one of my usual Two Peas hybrid pages with a twist. Each week one of the Creative Digital Team members picks a paper page from the gallery to recreate in digital or hybrid form and this is my week!


I chose this fabulous page by talented Garden Girl Lynn Ghahary. Isn't this page darling?



I used the gorgeous 'Autumn Leaves' kit by Polka Dot Pixels for my project. It includes a lot of fabulous vintage accents that I adore!


Here's my boys on their annual train ride at the patch. Look at Christopher's face. He was in a quiet sort of mood that day.


I used one of my favorite Papertrey Ink dies and made a bunch of buttons to scatter throughout the page. If you look carefully, you may even notice those that blend in with the patterned paper.

What a fun assignment this was! I look forward to my next paper to digital (hybrid)! Thanks to Lynn for her terrific page design!


Before I go I have to tell you about a sinful cake I made from a Pinterest recipe. Yep, I'm at it again! ;)


This is Almond Cake with Almond Frosting from Sweet and Savory by Sarah. Oh wow is it DELICIOUS! So moist...there's a little sour cream in it. So sinfully good! I made cupcakes instead of a sheet cake. This is to help me with portion control. Otherwise, I'd cut a little slice and eat the rest of the cake!!!! :) Anyway, this cake is ultra easy too. What more can you ask for?

Have a sweet day!

Kathy :)

6 comments:

cnelson said...

LOVE this!!! FAB take on the original! That cake looks divine! I'm going to have to try it!

Anonymous said...

You're layouts are adorable! That cake looks really good. I might have to try that.

Alice said...

LOVE all the details. fabulous layout, Kathy!

Liz said...

Love those projects! Especially the Simple Stories page :)

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

That LO is yummy and so inspiring and that cake looks divine! TFS!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a gorgeous page, Kathy! LOVE your take. Fabulous papers and those buttons are wonderful. I love the ones that blend in with the background. So subtle, yet so eye catching.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...