Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hi Friend

Hello!

The other day I was in the mood to play around with some shipping tags and die cuts. I made a bunch of tags with negative words and then decided to put one on a card. It turned out to be a fun card to make because it started as one project, became a card and came together with bits of this and pieces of that.


I think Kraft paper and manila shipping tags look fabulous together! And white ink on Kraft is a look I really like too!


The little bicycle, from Simple Stories, was a small scrap in my bin. I cut out something right next to it for another project, but didn't want to throw that cute little bike away! It makes a darling accent!


The washi tape was the first and only roll I owned until Bella Blvd. came out with some last month at CHA. Since it was my only roll, I didn't know where to store it so it sat on my desk. As I was grabbing bits of this and that for this card, I saw it sitting there and thought it was a perfect match.


The reason for this project was to have a fun...not to worry about design or assignment, but just enjoy and let the process take me where it may. I really like butterflies and vintage buttons so I added those.


Hearts make me happy to so I included a few of those along with some stitching goodness.


This activity was really fun and one that I hope to repeat again real soon! Funny that it all came together one thought at a time without a plan. And it's one of my fave cards! Go figure!

Have a happy Tuesday! :)

Kathy

14 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Totally one of my fave cards of yours, too, Kathy!!! This is FABULOUS! GORGEOUS! Everything about it makes me SO stinkin' happy!
So glad you just played with this one and let your heart go where it may. Love how this turned out!

Lindsay said...

LOVE this Kathy! Those alpha's are fab on that tag!

cnelson said...

Such a FUN tag!!! LOVE it in EVERY way!!!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

This is smashing! I agree with Audrey...this is one of my favorite cards of yours ever! LOVE every last perfect detail. Have a great day!! XO

TesaB said...

Oh what a gorgeous card! FAB clean look with loads of beautiful details. LOVE the stitching!!!

sherry said...

Beautiful, beautiful card.

~amy~ said...

i ♥ this!

Lynn said...

I love this Kathy....all the negative die space is fabulous.

Pam said...

Great card! I love the negative space on the tag - brilliant!

Christine said...

It is a lovely card Kathy!! I love when I have the time to just play. I so agree with you about white ink on kraft. There is just something so warm and comforting by it. Thanks for the inspiring post. I always get great ideas when I visit your blog.
xoxo, Christine

Ruth G said...

I love the negative space from the tag, too! And then how you put the "hi" (it looks like it was also cut from a manilla tag?) on there. And the white on Kraft is also a favorite of mine! Such a great card overall! TFS!

Alice Carman said...

Wow!!!! Love what you did with the Washi tape. I didn't get to work with them yet, but so excited to see what you did here.

Amy Martin said...

Very inspiring. Love this card.

Dicksie said...

Where did you get the alphabet punches. So cute. Love love the shipping tags. One of my favorite materials as well. Congrats on such a great card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...