Sunday, May 13, 2012

Birthday Boy

I hope all of you had a great Mother's Day! Mine was lovely and included a special breakfast, tulips and a handmade card from Christopher!

How about a bright and colorful scrapbook page share to kick off the week?


I spent my Mother's Day in my craft room creating this page of Christopher and his giant chocolate birthday cake.


I used a lot of Bella Blvd. Designer Tape for this page! In addition to the tape down the sides of  the page, the title and banner are made of tape too!


If you want to create titles and accents with tape simply apply in strips to clear vellum and then cut with dies or you can even run it through the Silhouette as I did with my page!


I really like the look of clustered accents so I layered the Designer Tape with a button and flag, all from Bella Blvd.


Just look at that big huge chocolate cake! Christopher loved every bite and after eating it for over a week he still wanted more! :)

So, would you like to see my handmade Mother's Day card?


Christopher takes after his mom with all these bright colors! :) You have to click the photo so it's big enough to read. I think it's funny that he says, "I love you because you help me...get things open." Oh and I adore this one, "I love you because you work so hard at...crafts that I like."

Last week when it was teacher appreciation week I had to thank Christopher's art teacher and let her know that our most cherished possessions are the works of art he's made in her class! Truly!





One more thing to share before I go....I'm so excited about this week because Bella Blvd. and The Twinery have teamed up to create some fun projects that will be shown on the Bella Blvd. and Twinery blog all week long! I made my projects a while ago so I'm excited to finally be able to share them with you and I can't wait to see what all the other design team members have come up with!  My first project will 'air' tomorrow so I hope you can join us!

Thanks for visiting today! Have a great day!

Kathy :)

4 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, Kathy! This page is absolutely amazing! What a wonderful design and oh, man, have you ever showcased some awesome ways to use tape! LOVE!
And really looking forward to your Twinery projects. Have to admit....I haven't made mine yet....;)

cnelson said...

So glad to hear you had a wonderful Mothers Day! LOVE Christopher's homemade card! Your lo is just FABULOUS! LOVE the banner and tags!!

Ruth G said...

Fun, fun, fun! You do such magical things with Washi tape! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful LO and inspirations!

Alice said...

that is the sweetest mother's day card EVER!!! so so cute and love how it's colored, too! =) absolutely adore how you used the tapes on our layout, Kathy! so very fun and cute! thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...