Monday, October 29, 2012

Merry and Bright and a Recipe

Hello!

How was your weekend? Yesterday afternoon our house/kitchen was a slice of autumn goodness with some fresh pressed apple juice simmering on the stove in mulling spices and I baked a batch of pumpkin cookies with caramel frosting. It never ceases to amaze me how happy and content I feel about the littlest things! When I was done in the kitchen I was sitting on the couch in the family room reading and every once in a while I'd get a big whiff of the apple cider and I would close my eyes, breath deep and smile. Ahhhh......

Today I'm going to jump ahead just a bit a share a Christmas card with you that I made a while back.


I used one of my all time favorite collections, Holiday Style by October Afternoon.


I couldn't get enough of the little flags so I made some of my own with the sentiment stickers included in the line.

I can't believe Halloween is this week, can you? Do you have any spooky fun plans lined up? I plan to eat some more of those pumpkin cookies I baked yesterday, if they last that long! ;) I got the recipe from Pinterest.

Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting

The recipe is from Let's Dish. They're really easy to make.

Thanks for your visit! I hope you have a good Monday!

7 comments:

Ruth G said...

Love all the flags! The colors are really wonderful, too! TFS!
I hope all is well where you are. Doesn't sound like you have any worries about Sandy with how your day went. That's a very good thing! It's back to cooler fall weather here, but we've got lots of sun, so that's really nice!

alexandra s.m. said...

YUMMY....
Love your card Kathy, this is my favorite xmas collection thus far ;-)
You have showcased it in an amazing way with these little flags!

Diana Waite said...

this little flag card is FUN!

Donna said...

LOVE this card!! Cookies look pretty yummy too.

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Your card is darling and those cookies look sooo yummy--They're tempting me to actually get in my kitchen and bake (something I do only in a blue moon). ;)

Daniela Dobson said...

The flags are adorable!!! Those cookies sound yum!

Sandy said...

What have you used to hold the flags? It doesn't look like a regular skewer or a toothpick, just curious :) thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...