Saturday, February 16, 2013

Oops!

Hello!

I have a funny little story and card share for you. :) A few days ago I thought I'd take out the North Pole collection from Doodlebug Design and attempt some projects for the 2013 Paper Crafts Holiday Cards issue.


I love this festive line and jumped right in mixing and matching die cuts, stickers and twine.


I really get into the zone sometimes when I'm crafting. How about you?


When I was done, complete with matching envelope, I was pleased with my work and felt this card had a good shot at publication...


...until I noticed that it opens on the left hand side! ;) Oh gee! Oh well! I have a dear friend who is left handed that will get this card next Christmas. :)

Hope you have a great weekend! Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

What a cute story! I bet all the cards you created are adorable!!!

Gregsgirl's crafty corner said...

oh dear lol, it pays to be different sometimes, you might start a new trend with a different opening card : )

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

That's so funny--Sounds like something I would do. I'm sure your left handed friend will love it! ;) Good luck on the Holiday Cards issue! I'm working on a few too. Hope to see ya in there (and me too). LOL! :)

Donna said...

Too CUTE!!! Did this once - I just wrote LOL in the card...

Donna said...

Too CUTE!!! Did this once - I just wrote LOL in the card...

Created by Kathi said...

What a great story! Seriously love the card... but it might not be the same backwards! lol thanks for sharing! Kathi

Annette Allen said...

you are too funny.. I have so done that before.. Your card is totally adorable and it for sure would have been published..

Karenladd said...

Oh my, how funny is this?! I've done similar things...even made a card that opened upside down!!! Either way though, this is just adorable!

Ruth G said...

Super cute card! Such a fantastic solution! I'm sure your left-handed friend will absolutely love it!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...