Monday, December 30, 2013

Die Cut Embossing

I'm back after a lovely and restful weekend spent with the hubs. Christopher was at mini camp over the past few days so Dan and I had time to dine, wine, visit the history museum and catch a movie.

I also got to spent a little time in the craft room playing with a new set of Top Dog Dies called Leafy Flourishes.


I thought it would be fun to make a faux dry embossed background with this set.


It's super easy! Just create a few cuts...


...glue them to the same color card stock...


...and use a white ink pad to wipe across the design. Looks neat, huh?


Then I added my 'embossed' design to some lovely Pebbles patterned paper from the Front Porch collection.


To finished the card I added patterned paper hearts and a sentiment card along with a mini clothespin and a jute bow. I love all the texture, how about you?

Well, I've got some more crafty ideas I want to work on so I'm going to play some more! ;)



2 comments:

Ruth G said...

Great look! I love how you aged your project with the white ink! Very pretty! Thanks so much for sharing!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is a beautiful die-cut, and you did a great job on your card. Thanks for the inspiration on this one!
Karen
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...