Monday, June 9, 2014

Ode to Crochet

Every time I crochet something new I'm always amazed with the results! Do you ever get that feeling with your crafty projects? You stand back, take it in and feel so proud? For so long I wished I could crochet and make all the fun little things I'd find on Pinterest and now I can! 




This lovely little decor piece is a crochet embroidery hoop...you know those simple wood ones from the craft store? I used my favorite Cascade Ultra Pima Cotton Yarn and Clover 3.75 mm Crochet Hook. I found the pattern/instructions for making it here.


I also made my first cat toy last week. I wish I had taken a picture of Oreo playing with it...he was dragging it off to another room! This was created with a Raverly pattern that you can find here.


If you saw my crochet post from last week I told you about this book on Tunisian crochet. There's my first little swatch. Learning this reminded me of crocheting for the first time where I was all thumbs. My hands just wouldn't move the way they do now with a regular hook. Learning something new isn't always easy, but it is very rewarding and isn't that stitch pretty? 

Next on the list of things to learn is sewing. I have a sewing machine collecting dust in my craft room...not good! 

Anyway, enjoy your Monday!


1 comment:

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Wow! These are awesome! A sewing machine is so easy compared to these works of art. You should totally try it. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...