Monday, July 13, 2015

Beautiful Day

It's another beautiful summer day and I have a colorful butterfly card to share with you that I created with lots of Fun Stampers Journey goodies. 


I started out creating a basic A2 size card base with Whip Cream Cardstock and then I ran it through the Journey Grand to emboss it with the new Beach Towel embossing folder. Next, I created a frame for my card using the Journey Rectangle dies set and some bright and sunny Orange Creamsicle Cardstock. 


Then I created a fun scene of butterflies flying through the clouds adhering them with Journey Foam Squares to give the accents dimension. 


To give my butterflies the appearance of movement, I added some Black Licorice Journey Twine behind them. My trick to attaching the twine is to not actually attach it at all. Yep! I simply unroll a little of the twine and place it on the card. 


Then I tucked part of the twine behind my clouds before I attached the butterflies over the twine. So...there's actually no adhesive on the twine itself! 


For a bit of sunshiny sparkle, I sprinkled the card with some pretty sequins.


Finally, I also made a matching envelope with a piece of the new Journey Basics Bright Paper Pack! 

Hope you enjoy a fun sunshiny summer day! 


Fun Stampers Journey Products: SS-0170 Howdy Notes; DI-0015 Butterfly Prints Die Set; DI-0041 Journey Rectangles; DI-0032 Cloud Dreams Die Set; EF-0001 Beach Towel Embossing Folder; CS-0026 Pineapple Smoothie Cardstock; CS-0024 Orange Creamsicle Cardstock; CS-0118 Cool Pool Cardstock; CS-0040 Whip Cream Cardstock; IP0041 Black Licorice Ink Pad; PP-0014 Journey Basics Bright Paper Pack; AC-0115 Journey Sequins; AC-0004 Black Licorice Journey Twine; AD-0084 Journey Foam Squares Small; AD-0085 Journey Foam Squares Medium

1 comment:

Ruth Gauss said...

Love it! Awesome colors, lots of wonderful texture and shine! Plus I love clouds and stripes, so it's perfect in my book! Thanks so much for sharing how you adhered the twine, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...